Year 2 Teacher – September 2021
Year 2 Teacher required September 2021
Our client has an exciting opportunity available for a talented Year Two Classroom Teacher from September 2021. You will be teaching alongside talented teachers, subject specialists and a warm and supportive Senior Leadership Team.
WHO YOU ARE
You will have the ability to inspire and nurture children and young people, readying them for the world around them by building solid foundations of knowledge. You will be a tireless advocate for education and forward thinking in your approaches to development, change and improvement; we are developing an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students in line with the Future Academies belief system.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from a leading university
- Great passion for teaching with high cultural literacy to deliver sophisticated lessons and continue to raise teaching standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
- The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our schools
- An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
WHO WE ARE
Our client a thriving and outstanding rated state-funded primary school located in the heart of london. They are part of Future Academies, a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. They are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Thye are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; the school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in their strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Their children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
- The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
- The Curriculum Centre. We enhance teachers’ lessons and their teaching experience through the development of their own curriculum programmes and resources in our prestigious Curriculum Centre, leaving teachers to focus on what really matters; the students.
- Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded within the trust, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
- Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
- Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.